Road Defect & Construction Zone Accidents
Road construction is a never-ending annoyance for drivers in Georgia. Worse than the aggravation though, are the real hazards caused by dangerous roadways, road construction and negligence on the part of the Department of Transportation, road construction crews, construction vehicles and county and municipal service vehicles.
If you have been in an accident caused by such negligence, you have the right to obtain compensation. These types of cases though, present many complex issues of fact and law that must be analyzed. You should obtain representation by a firm experienced in road defect and construction zone cases.
At Clark & Smith Law Firm LLC, we are strong advocates for people who have suffered losses as the result of road defects, governmental negligence and other types of vehicle accidents. We have represented clients in many such cases, and we have the investigatory and advocacy skills required to win.
Our firm frequently handles cases involving accidents caused by:
- Dangerous conditions in road construction zones
- Negligence on the part of state, county, municipal and private road crews
- Poor traffic engineering
- Careless driving by state, county and municipal vehicle drivers
- Improperly positioned road signage and guard rails
- Improper shoulder drop offs and other poor roadway maintenance
- Other types of negligence related to highway engineering, construction or maintenance
Act Quickly to Get Legal Advice
In Georgia, there are strict time limits for filing notice of a claim against a state, county or municipal government:
- Municipalities — You must file notice of a claim within 6 months of the date of the accident.
- County or State — You must file notice of a claim within 12 months of the date of the accident.
Do not delay seeking the advice of a lawyer concerning your case. In a free consultation, a Macon construction zone accident attorney at our firm can review your case, explain the legal process and discuss what we can do to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We Can Represent You
In your case, we will act immediately to investigate the cause of the accident and document the negligence of the responsible parties. A lawyer from our firm or a professional accident investigator will be on the scene quickly to find out what really happened. We will aggressively seek compensation for the full amount of your losses, including medical costs, lost wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
Free Consultation With a Lawyer
For a free consultation with a lawyer, contact Clark & Smith Law Firm LLC.