Hon. Lamar W. Sizemore
FREE CONSULTATION WITH A LAWYER
Contact Clark & Smith Law Firm LLC for a free, no-obligation consultation about your case.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
- Georgia, 1974
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- S. Supreme Court
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. – 1974
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- A.B. – 1970
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award, Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, 2013
- Distinguished Service Award, State Bar of Georgia, 2008
- Chief Justice Thomas O. Marshall Professionalism Award, State Bar of Georgia, 2010
- Lawyer of the Year Award, Macon Bar Association, 1997
- Guardian of Justice Award. Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2008
- Francis de Sales Award, Mount de Sales Academy, 2005
- Sports Hall of Fame, Mount de Sales Academy, 2010
- Outstanding Alumnus Award, Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, 2008
- Meritorious Service Award, Mercer University Alumni Association
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America, 1993
- God and Service Award, Boy Scouts of America, 1991
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Macon Bar Association, President
- Bootle Inn of Court, President
- Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, President
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Regional Vice President
- Past Employment Positions
- O’Neal, Brown & Sizemore, P.C.
- Macon Judicial Circuit, Superior Court Judge
Email Judge Lamar Sizemore at Lamar@clarksmithlaw.com
Lamar W. Sizemore, Jr. is an “of counsel” attorney at Clark & Smith Law Firm, LLC where he devotes his time to serving as a mediator and representing litigants in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Upon his admission to the Bar in 1974, Mr. Sizemore practiced with the law firm of O’Neal, Brown & Sizemore, P.C. and its predecessor firms, limiting his practice almost exclusively to tort and insurance litigation, including motor vehicle, products liability, medical malpractice, motor carrier (trucking), railroad, and general insurance litigation. He is the founder of South Georgia Mediation Service, now South Georgia ADR, and has served as a mediator in hundreds of cases since 1988. He is registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution as a “Veteran Mediator” (Registration No. 32). Mr. Sizemore was appointed by Governor Roy Barnes to the Superior Courts of the Macon Judicial Circuit where he served by appointment and election from January 3, 2001, through December 31, 2010.
Mr. Sizemore has been an adjunct faculty member at Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law where he has taught the course entitled “Problems in Insurance Litigation” since 1981. He has also served as the co-editor of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association’s Trial Practice Manual, © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007. Mr. Sizemore was a member of the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Georgia from 1985 to 2005, serving as a member of sixteen committees, including the Executive Committee, and as chairman of ten committees.
Mr. Sizemore has served as president of the Macon Bar Association, the Bootle Inn of Court, and the Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, having also served as a regional vice president of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. He has been honored with the presentation of the Distinguished Service Award (2008) and the Chief Justice Thomas O. Marshall Professionalism Award (2010) by the State Bar of Georgia, Lawyer of the Year Award (1997) by the Macon Bar Association, and the Guardian of Justice Award (2008) by the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Sizemore has actively participated in service to Vineville United Methodist Church, Mt. de Sales Academy, Mercer University, the Walter F. George School of Law, Boy Scouts of America, Vine-Ingle Little League, and the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is the recipient of the St. Francis de Sales Award (2005) from Mt. de Sales Academy, induction into the Mt. de Sales Academy Sports Hall of Fame (2010), the Outstanding Alumnus Award (2008) from the Walter F. George School of Law, and the Meritorious Service Award from Mercer University, as well as the Silver Beaver Award (1993) and the God and Service Award (1991) from the Boy Scouts of America.
Mr. Sizemore is a frequent lecturer on the subjects of tort law, insurance law, alternative dispute resolution/ mediation, ethics, and professionalism.